(Thanks to Arjan Timmerman for the inspiration!)
If you’re involved in the online twitter community revolving around virtualization, storage and datacenters in general, you’ve probably noticed that next week there are two events you shouldn’t miss if you are near London (or willing to travel anyways):
- Tech.unplugged on Wednesday 22nd April, followed by
- London VMUG on Thursday 23rd April
After careful thought I decided to make preparations to attend both events.
Why am I attending?
First of all, I must salute whoever is responsible to make both events contiguous. Giving attendees a chance to enjoy two days of discussions with industry pundits as well as discovering the latest solutions and trends in the market is something that I couldn’t let go. I also wanted to get a chance to meet the acquaintances and online friends I’ve made in this incredible community. Tweeting is great, having a chat and a beer together is better! Finally, I want to grab some experience of how these events are run, so we can finally organize our first VMUG event here in Prague. I’ve had experience with public presentation and conference organization, but these two events will certainly be at a superior level.
These events are typically the best place to meet peers, industry veterans, gurus/influencers and engage directly with vendors. It’s hard to say with who one will speak or not, but you can expect to hear words of wisdom from a broad palette of public figures. I look especially forward to hear from the gurus/influencers at tech.unplugged, we’ve seen/heard them at Tech Field Day/Storage Field Day and their independent position on some topics makes listening to them even more interesting. Big props go to Enrico Signoretti for organizing tech.unplugged, he is also preparing other events in Italy this year, so if you look for the sun… set sails to Italy 🙂
What is the plan?
Because this community isn’t just made of followers (folks like me) but also of organizers (you’ll see their names below), here’s the plan for those who will attend the whole event:
- Tue 21st, 19:00 to ??? – #StorageBeers London at the Builder’s Arm pub in Kensington – Limited space, RSVP here – organized by Federica Monsone
- Wed 22nd, 8:30 to 17:00 – Tech.unplugged, program here, organized by Enrico Signoretti
- Wed 22nd, 18:30 to ??? – #vBeerTweetup “Tech.unplugged meets London VMUG” at belgian restaurant Belgoo Nord (let the beer and frites-moules flow!). All details here and please let know Hans if you plan to come 🙂 – organized by Hans De Leenheer
- Thu 23rd, 8:30 to 17:30 – If you survived both evenings, you’re a veteran and you can officially attend the world-renowned London VMUG! Program and directions are here – organized by the LonVMUG team
There was also an event planned after the London VMUG on Thursday but I wasn’t able to trace it back, and I will be flying home, thus I’m not referencing it here.
I look forward to meet you in London!