This post is part of the blog series related to Storage Field Day 14 event and the Commvault GO conference. Find out the entire SFD14 content, presentations, articles, presenting companies and delegates here. For Commvault GO, look here!
It looks like November is going to be a very busy time of the year again for me. I’m very pleased to announce that the great folks at Gestalt IT have invited me again to Storage Field Day 14, which will take place in San Francisco. If this wasn’t enough, they have also invited me to participate in the Tech Field Day Exclusive event that will take place during the Commvault GO conference in Washington DC! Yet another exciting city (and a first for me) to visit, alongside with understanding what Commvault is up to, as it’s a company that I have little acquaintances with.
On the topic of travelling, I’ll be also headed to New York (another first) and probably as well to Cleveland, Ohio (yet another first) for some leisure time. As you probably know, we’ve had to postpone our TECHunplugged conference in New York to 2018 due to unforeseen circumstances, but we’ll be working hard with Arjan to plan a hopefully successful year for TECHunplugged in 2018, so stay tuned!
Commvault is a company that I haven’t been following much, not by lack of interest but mainly because my current day-to-day duties have involved to date a large, siloed organization where backup & restore, disaster recovery and business continuity functions aren’t in my operational scope (although we meet these requirements on an almost daily basis in the field).
I’m interested to hear more about their HyperScale appliance, which I plan to cover in the days to come in a dedicated blog post.
Storage Field Day 14
As with all Storage Field Day and Tech Field Day Exclusive events, expect me to write soon some preview articles on the vendors presenting at both events:
- DELL EMC will have a lot of sessions during SFD14 from various divisions. I really hope to finally have a chance to write about them, as I didn’t had any chance to do so at SFD13
- E8 Storage have been tickling my curiosity after reading a great post written by my friend Ray Lucchesi. I also believe they were featured on one of the the Greybeards on Storage podcast episodes featuring Ray and Howard Marks
- Infinidat and their approach to storage (leveraging a lot of inexpensive HDDs while delivering high speed) is interesting especially as many companies now promote AFAs and NVMe-enabled systems (looking forward to the contrast between Infinidat and E8 Storage, by the way) – I did have a short briefing at VMworld 2016 but alas lack of time played against writing an article at the time
- Scality is a well known object storage company and they were recently nominated again as leader of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant(tm) for object storage solutions – I have written about them in the past here – let’s see what they are up to!
Storage Field Day 14 and TFDx at Commvault GO will be broadcasted live (the stream will be reachable directly from www.techfieldday.com main page). Be sure to tune in when we will be live and use the following tags on twitter to interact with us:
- #SFD14 hashtag for Storage Field Day 14
- #TFDx and #CommvaultGO for Tech Field Day Exclusive at Commvault GO 2017
See you soon in the USA or online!
This post is a part of my SFD14 post series. I am invited to the Storage Field Day 14 event and Commvault GO by Gestalt IT. Gestalt IT will cover expenses related to the events travel, accommodation and food during the Commvault GO and SFD14 event duration. I will cover my own accommodation costs outside of the days when the events take place. I will not receive any compensation for participation in this event, and I am also not obliged to blog or produce any kind of content. Any tweets, blog articles or any other form of content I may produce are the exclusive product of my interest in technology and my will to share information with my peers. I will commit to share only my own point of view and analysis of the products and technologies I will be seeing/listening about during this event.